Aug 15, 2012

Let it Go

Sometimes its time to let go....

Sometimes we want to hold on to the people we love so much that we don't realize its time to let go. I am not only talking the boyfriends or girlfriends or exlovers or whatever the case may be, but also about friends and family. 
Sometimes you grow so far apart that to let each other grow you must let go.
It doesn't mean that you stop caring, or that you don't love them anymore, but that the relationship is draining, and you realize that at the end there were more arguments than laughs, and being with them only hurts you.

Today I had a dream of you. You called and you were crying. I couldn't hear you. You sounded so far. I asked again what happened and your voice sounded like sobs and weeps. You sounded so desperately in pain. I couln't understand what you were trying to say, it cut off and on and it was just too far. The call dropped and I, as desperately as you sounded, desperately tried to call you back and explained my phone is old and drops the calls, and that I would never hang up on you crying, because I knew you would take that the wrong way. I checked where you called me from but the numbers danced around in my cellphone, I couldn't grabbed them, they haunted me along with your pain. I needed to call you back, I needed to know why you were in so much pain and I needed to help you somehow. I was stressed, drained, anxious to catch the numbers that mockinly danced on the screen of my cell. And then I realized, they were gone, for I had deleted your number a while ago, and my screen remained empty. I panicked, I eagerly checked and checked somehow to find where to reach you, but I couldn't and in the panic of my search- I woke up. 
And I realized what my dream meant and as harsh as it may seem I was relieve- relieve that you weren't draining me anymore...relieve that 
I let go...


No comments:

Post a Comment